Wednesday 5 March 2014

3. Perspectives- Local, National, Regional, Global (Week 6-7)

Thinking About Perspectives



I am part of a bigger world. The things that immediately affect me are local. They include my home, school and local shops. Then there is the country that I belong to- a national influence. Being an Australian means that there are rules the government sets that I have to follow. These laws help me to live a safe life and also give me lots of opportunities. I am also part of a region called "Asia Pacific" which are the Asian countries that surround Australia. I often buy things that come from this region. On a larger scale I am part of a global community. I have contact with different places around the world through technology all the time. I can talk to people in other parts of the world in lots of different ways. I can use facebook (which is American) or just pick up a phone and ring overseas. I even buy things from different parts of the world by using my computer.

I have local, national, regional and global influences in my world. Each of these parts of my world give me a different perspective. They make me see things differently. I can see things from a local perspective, thinking how something will effect my home. I can see things from a national perspective and think about things will effect the country I live in. I can think about things rom a regional perspective. This means thinking about how neighbouring countries will be effected. It can also think about how I effect neighbouring countries. On a much larger scale I can think about how other countries are effected.

It's all about my perspective sometimes. How I see things is important. However, I also realise that different people see things differently depending on where they are in the world. Another person in another country may have different perspectives because their world is very different to mine.


I look back at this picture which is about 4 years old and I think about how 4 years ago I thought a little differently about the world. I was home more with my second child and I thought more about my local world than I did my national, regional or global world. My perspective was very different when I was a mother at home more.

YOUR BLOG REFLECTION...

On your blog I would like you to answer the following questions in full sentences. You will need to read the above information and think about the answers to the questions I have asked. Make sure you write enough so I see you have really thought about the question.

1. What is "perspective"?

2. What perspective did I have when I was at home with my child?

3. What national things affected me that I didn't think about (when I was at home with my child)?

4. I was buying a lot of regional products from the shops when I was at home with my children. A lot of the things I bought were to do with babies because I had a 6 week old child. What products could I have bought from Asia?
CLUE- Find baby products made in asia and sold in Australia in shops AND/ OR research on the Internet.

5. What kind of products could I have bought over the internet from other countries in my house for my family?
CLUE- Look at where home products are made AND/ OR research on the internet.




No comments: